Beauty and Parenting Blog

Sunday 23 April 2017

Make Up Revolution - Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit Review


So I have been dyeing to try the Kylie Lip kits but because of the cost to get them here to the UK at this moment in time I just can't justify it!! But I'm sure that maybe for my birthday or something I may ask for them, as I don't feel as bad if its part of my birthday presents.

I have been on the hunt for something more affordable and easily accessible in the UK, I came across this Make Up Revolution Matte Lip Kit now obviously I can't compare it to the Kylie Lip Kits as I have never tried them, but I will give my honest opinion on this product.

The Kit comes with a Lip Liner and a matching liquid lipstick.

Make up Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit in Shade Noble £6.00 from Superdrug (link below) 




The lip liner applies really nicely and softly I applied all over my lips not just to line them I tend to do this with normal lipsticks. Sorry for the bad application!! still working on lining my lips!! Didn't want to use a filter!! 

This is my lips with just the lip liner!!!!





This is my lips just after applying the liquid lipstick!!




This is my lips once dry!!
Whilst it is drying it feels quite tacky and weird!! Im not sure of this is because I have never worn liquid lipstick but it does feel quite strange. 

Once dry they again feel strange its quite hard to describe it does feel like I have something on my lips its not uncomfortable or anything just strange and something that I will most probably get used to. 

What I liked about it: 
- I liked the fact that it does stay put!! I had a couple of coffees and it barely transferred to the cup!!! 
- I like the colour too
- The lip liner is lovely and soft

What I didn't like about it: 
- After a few hours it does start to feel a bit dry and but I just up a little lip balm on and it was fine!! 

Overall Im really impressed with this liquid lipstick, and feel that it was a good buy especially as it cost only £6!!  Like I said I don't really have anything to compare this too but I can't wait to buy more shades!!! 

I will also try a few other drugstore and high end liquid lipsticks so that I can do a comparison and see what the hype is all about!!

**Disclaimer** Sorry for bad quality of the pictures!! Im also working on my photography skills!!! ☺️

I hope you have enjoyed this post!! 

Thank you for taking time to read it!!

I could not find the link for the Matt Lip kits but found the metallic lip kits which are similar!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment